Whitney Ferguson is the Program Manager for The Innovate Fund. She is responsible for managing the New Markets Tax Credit fund that helps to revitalize South Carolina’s low-income communities. She is in charge of overseeing and implementing The Innovate Fund’s strategic plan, including community engagement, pipeline development and marketing throughout South Carolina. As the Asset and Compliance Manager for Tax Advantage Group (TAG), an affiliate of The Innovate Fund, for the past three-and-a-half years, Whitney has worked closely with The Innovate Fund since its inception. Prior to working with TAG Whitney worked with Professional Mortgage Company helping to place $100 million in commercial real estate loans throughout the Southeast. She holds both a master’s degree in Real Estate Development and a bachelor’s degree in Financial Management from Clemson University.
With 25 years of incentive and financing experience, Tammy C. Propst is Operating Officer of The Innovate Fund. In addition to her role with The Innovate Fund, Tammy is also President of Tax Advantage Group, a specialized consulting firm that provides business incentive and tax credit financing advisory services to clients across the country . She is part of the team that created Greenville New Markets Opportunity, (GNMO) LLC, the first allocated Community Development Entity (CDE) in South Carolina. Ms. Propst holds a Master of International Business Studies (MIBS) Degree, from the University of South Carolina and an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Appalachian State University. She is a member of the Board of Directors of CommunityWorks Inc., a certified CDFI and she is an Advisory Board member of South State Bank and Self Help Ventures Fund, a certified CDE.
Chairman of The Innovate Fund Board
David Barnett currently serves as the Chairman of the Board for The Innovate Fund. David also serves as Board President for the Greenville Local Development Corporation. In his every day role, he is President of the South Carolina Western Region of Carolina Alliance Bank. He oversees offices in Greenville, Easley, Powdersville, Anderson and the Bank’s Mortgage Division. David has been instrumental in helping The Innovate Fund and the Greenville Local Development Corporation invest dollars into low income communities in the Upstate and throughout South Carolina.
- Carol Burdette – United Way of Anderson County, President
- Deborah McKetty – Community Works Carolina, Executive Director
- Ginny Stroud – Community Development Administrator, City of Greenville
- Russ Davis – Homes Urban, LLC, Chief Executive Officer
- Duncan Cheney – Metanoia CDC, Director of Physical Asset Development
- Tammie Hoy Hawkins – Together Consulting, President
- David Barnett, Board Chair – Carolina Alliance Bank, President SC Western Region
- Tammy Propst, Operating Officer – Tax Advantage Group, President
- Nancy Whitworth – City of Greenville, Deputy City Manager
- Donna Millard – South Coast Commercial, LLC
- Caroline Van Hook – Elliot Davis Decosimo, Shareholder
- Charlie Mickel – RSI Holdings, President